The health and wellness of our members and employees are of the utmost importance to us. We are monitoring developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) and have taken precautions and are following the guidance and proactive steps from local health officials. We continue to sanitize work areas nightly and have implemented measures to help employees remain healthy and protect others around them.
The Willowbrook and Travis branches will remain closed until further notice. Services at the Memorial branch will be limited to the drive up and ATM, and emergency appointments only for in-person assistance. ATM services will remain available at the Willowbrook branch for deposits and cash withdrawals. If you absolutely must visit us in person, please log in to online banking to schedule an appointment at the Memorial branch using the Message Center. Please note that we do offer additional tools and resources to help you do your banking without having to walk into a branch should you choose not to.
Hours of Operation at Memorial
- Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Important Note: Please log in to online banking and use the Message Center to request an appointment at the Memorial branch for in-person assistance.
- Online and Mobile Banking: Log in from your computer or mobile phone to check balances, make transfers and loan payments and view your activity.
- Mobile App: Deposit your checks from the comfort of your home with mobile deposit.
- Bill Pay: Pay your bills using our bill pay system within online banking.
- Digital Wallet: Pay for purchases directly from your mobile device using Apple Pay®, Google Pay®, Samsung Pay® and Masterpass™.
- Message Center: Chat with us securely through online banking during business hours.
- Telephone Banking: Call for immediate access to your accounts anytime of the day or night from any touch-tone phone.
- Drive Up and ATMs: Speak with an actual teller and make deposits and withdrawals from the comfort of your car.
- Allpoint® ATMs: Access cash at over 55,000 fee-free worldwide.
We realize that the uncertainty about the spread of the coronavirus may cause stress and anxiety. Your financial needs should be one less thing to worry about—we are here to help! Please feel free to contact us at 713.986.0200 with any questions or concerns you may have so that we can assist you.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will provide further updates as they become available.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the virus is thought to spread mainly from between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 3 feet) and through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Fever, cough, and shortness of breath may appear 2-14 days after exposure.
For more information about the coronavirus, visit the CDC website.